Tuesday 2 July 2013

July To Be Read

For the month of July I plan to read a total of eight books, five of which I hope to complete between July 15th - July 21st for the read-a-thon that is being hosted via YouTube (click here for details on that). The most books I've ever completed in a week is three and that's simply because they were all part of series, thus making it easier to put one book down and pick the next up straight away. Therefore managing to complete five totally different books one after the other and reading over 2,300 pages in the space of seven days is going to be a challenge I'll most likely fail, but it's worth a shot.

Every person taking part in the read-a-thon is given the option to take part in the following challenges: read a book that is at least 500 pages, reread a book, finish a series, read a book that has been on your shelf the longest, listen to an audiobook and read a classic. For the first challenge I'll be reading Undone by Cat Clarke and for the second challenge I'll be rereading The Hunger Games: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins simply because I've read the first two books multiple times whereas I've only read Mockingjay twice. Night World: Volume 3 by L. J. Smith is what I'll be reading for the third challenge which is technically cheating as the final book hasn't be released yet, but it's been in the works for around 10 years now. The book I'll be tackling for the fourth challenge is Pure by Julianna Baggott. I won't be listening to an audiobook however simply because I can't stand them, and for the final challenge I'll be reading 1984 by George Orwell, a classic I was supposed to read for my AS English Literature coursework but in typical Cameron fashion I couldn't be bothered.

After that I'll also be reading Cherl: My Story by Cheryl Cole as I've never been one to read autobiographies so I figured her's would be a good place to start as I've heard good things about it. And finally, if I somehow find the time and effort, I hope to start Looking for Alaska by John Green. I love Green's writing style and his ability to make a reader become so engrossed by a book and it's characters. I've been wanting to start this book for ages but for some reason I haven't, but if I don't get round to it in July, which I hope won't be the case, then it'll definitely be at the top of my August list.

However before that I'll be completing The Mortal Instruements: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I'm about three quarters of the way through and so far I've found it an alright book. This is most likely because I've long lost interest in the fantasy genre. Every book of the genre seems to be the same old human girl meets supernatural boy and they fall in love even though it's forbidden, I mean where's the enjoyment in that? Nevertheless the film adaption comes out in August so I figured I may as well give the series a shot.

0 comments: