Friday 5 July 2013

Weekend Reads #3

Last week I challenged myself with The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, and I'm exactly 100 pages away from completing it, a feat I can easily achieve in one sitting tonight. As I've mentioned in previous posts I've found it an alright read, nothing has really stood out for me but it's been enjoyable to read nevertheless. Things are starting to pick up in terms of pace and action now so I'm really looking forward to finishing it, but saying that I feel like there just aren't enough pages left for all of the things that need to happen.

Following the completion of City of Bones I'll be moving onto Looking For Alaska by John Green. I originally planned to read this at the end of July but I'm literally too excited to wait. So far I've only read The Fault in Our Stars (click here to read my review) and I adored it, it's such an amazing novel. Green has such a beautiful writing style and he has the ability to captivate you from the very first page and I love that in an author.

Looking For Alaska follows the story of Alaska Young, a clever, gorgeous, funny and utterly fascinating girl and a boy called Miles Halter who could not be more in love with her. But when tragedy strikes, Miles discovers the value and the pain of living and loving unconditionally.

Now I'm not a particularly massive fan of romance novels but there's just something about John Green's work with it (and Katie McGarry's, might I add) that makes it so effortless, enjoyable and heartbreaking to read. I just can't wait to get City of Bones done and dusted so I can move straight onto this!

0 comments: