Friday 12 July 2013

Weekend Reads #4

So my original plan to start Looking for Alaska by John Green last weekend went down the drain as I wasn't willing to start it until I completed The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, a feat which I didn't achieve until Tuesday.

With the completion of that book out of the way I was able to make a start on Looking for Alaska last night. I only got 39 pages into it but I'm already in love with it. Hopefully I'll get about half way through by the end of the tonight and then I'll be able to complete it by tomorrow night - in fact I will get it completed by tomorrow night because the BookTube-A-Thon starts Monday.

As a result of the BookTube-A-Thon kicking off on Monday I've decided to cheat a little and start Sunday night as I'm going to lose a lot of reading hours from Monday through to Friday due to school.

I've decided that I'm going to kick-off with Undone by Cat Clarke. I've had this book on my shelf since February and I've been dying to read it but I just haven't gotten round to it and I've also been quite skeptical about it as it's unlike anything I've ever read. That skepticism however has vanished since Claire Weller gave it an awesome review the other day, so now I'm really excited about starting it.

Be sure to follow my new twitter dedicated to my blog for regular updates on my progression of the BookTube read-a-thon when it starts Monday by clicking here or searching @insideofthebook

0 comments: