Friday 21 June 2013

Weekend Reads #1

I'm generally the type of person that will only ever take on one book at a time, simply because I easily become so engrossed in the world of the book I'm reading that there just isn't enough room for another book. That however isn't the case this weekend as I'll be battling three, well, rather attempting to battle three as I've just started watching Teen Wolf and I can't get enough of it.

My first task for this weekend is to finish The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. So far I'm really enjoying the story and the characters, however I'm yet to understand why so many people have raved about it because although it's a unique story that challenges some really interesting themes, there hasn't been much going on action wise. The lack of action however is made up by the guessing game I'm having with this book, each time I think I've figured the plot out it takes a different direction and I really enjoy that in a book. I'm currently on page 362 of 457 so I should have it finished by tomorrow night.

I'm also hoping to start Before I Die (previously known as Now Is Good) by Jenny Downham. I've been eager to start this book for ages as the plot sounds fantastic. The story follows a sixteen-year-old girl called Tessa who has cancer and is soon to die. Tessa however doesn't dwell on the coming of her death and instead makes a list of ten things she wants to do in the time she has left. But Tessa soon finds that getting what you want isn't easy, nor is it what you always need.

Chances are I'll have my heart ripped out and trampled on and will most likely sob like an uncontrollable baby, nevertheless I'm looking forward to this read. Clearly I haven't learnt my lesson from The Fault in Our Stars.

And finally, simply because I have to for my A2 English literature course, I'll be carrying on with The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. So far I'm only two chapters in and I'm already uninterested in the novel, most likely because it's a book I'm being forced to read and forcing me to read something never goes down well.

Be sure to let me know what books you're tackling this weekend in the comment section!

0 comments: